Countdown to game time: 05/11/20


RedHawks Stop Rallying T-Bones, 3-2

07/12/2005 10:59 PM - Click here to view the box score.

Despite a late ninth inning rally, the T-Bones fell 3-2 to the Northern Division first half champion Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Tuesday night at CommunityAmerica Ballpark.

RedHawk starter Todd George (W,1-5) was solid in picking up his first victory of the season. Entering the game sporting a 6.45 ERA, the right hander shut down the T-Bones in his seven innings of shutout ball, allowing four hits while fanning seven. Eric Kofler’s only hit of the ballgame was a big one for the RedHawks, as his first inning single scored two runs and gave the team an early 2-0 edge. Clyde Williams chipped in an RBI with his fielder’s choice in the sixth inning. He leads the team with 43 RBI on the season.

T-Bones starter Jonathan Krysa (L,3-8) pitched extremely well in earning the hard-luck defeat. After allowing two runs on a bunt single, a bloop and then the soft single by Kofler, Krysa went into cruise control retiring 10 straight batters at one point before the RedHawks scored again in the sixth. Hard-throwing Caleb Balbuena relieved Krysa after seven innings and promptly retired all six batters he faced in an effective relief effort.

The T-Bones threatened in the ninth after a Cody Nowlin walk and wild pitch from Brian Adams. Matt Ceriani, pinch hitting for Sean Flynn, delivered a double that plated the first run of the ballgame for the T-Bones. Newcomer Rafael Rodriguez followed it up with an RBI single of his own scoring Ceriani to pull within one before Eric Vega struck out to end the game. Mel Spivey (S,2) picked up the save for the RedHawks

Notes: Greg Jacobs had two doubles and was the only T-Bone to record a multi-hit game… besides pitching, the RedHawks had an outstanding defensive effort led by right fielder Richard Austin’s twisting and turning grab off the bat of Cody Nowlin in the fourth inning and Brent Krause’s leaping grab off the left field wall taking away a base hit from Ray Brown in the sixth... Austin left the game after his next at-bat and was replaced by Tim Erickson.