Internships - Grounds Crew
Grounds Crew interns/employees will report to the Stadium Operations Director.
- Assist in daily aspects of the grounds operation including Pre/Post Game Work
- Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Clay work including infield skin, mounds, home plates, and warning track
- Turf work including fertilizer and pesticide application, mowing, and edging
- All cultural practices – mowing, aerification, irrigation, topdressing, slicing.
- Basic equipment maintenance
- Irrigation scheduling and repair
- Tarp handling and weather situations.
- Use of push mower, weed eater and blower to maintain the berms.
- Facilitate set up for baseball and non-baseball related events on the field. .
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Upkeep of dugouts, tunnel and trash.
- Enrolled in college or have a college degree.
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Excellent work ethic, available to work long flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings based on needs of business.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate effectively through a variety of channels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to follow a work schedule developed by the Kansas City T-Bones.
To apply for this internship, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to Nate Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Opportunity for compensation will be discussed)